People seek therapy for a variety of reasons. Together we can determine your goals and select approaches that fit with your preferences and values. I create a space where you can fully exhale.
Here are some of the areas that I can help you with:
- Trauma & Post-traumatic growth
- Stress management
- Relationship distress
- Grief and loss
- Phase of life issues
- Forgiveness and Self-forgiveness
- Self-compassion, Sense of self, Self-esteem and Boundaries
- Immigration and adjusting to a new country
I provide you a warm and non-judgmental place where you can explore your feelings and thoughts. You feel you are being heard and understood. We identify your strengths that helped you in the past and build new skills on top of them.
My approach is gentle and respectful. You choose the topics you would like to talk about at your own pace, while I ensure that you stay on track toward achieving your goals. I offer a periodic check-in in order to meet your expectations and incorporate your preferences in a timely way.
The uniqueness in my therapy is that we can end the sessions on a light note, if you would like. After talking about difficult topics, I can offer moments of calm; we can talk about positive aspects in your life or plans for the upcoming week, so when you leave the room, you have something positive to carry with you. As we work together, you realize that it is possible to make real changes in your life.
I offer the following modalities: Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Sand Play Therapy, Mindfulness, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). You and I decide your goals, the modality, approaches (i.e., homework, art expressions, role-play), and pace of the sessions together. Each treatment plan is tailored to your needs, preferences, and cultural values.
Potential Benefits of Counseling:
- Learn how to deal with difficult memories and emotions
- Clarify what you want from life
- Find more happiness and joy
- Improve your self-esteem, develop your authentic self, and accept yourself
- Reduce symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Acquire stress-management, communication, and life skills
- For cross-cultural clients, you will gain the skills to adjust to a new culture while maintaining your original culture and identity